Airport and Transportation
Air Travel Cancellation Information
Dear Passenger, these are the policies for the purchased American Airlines tickets:
American Airlines is providing customers additional flexibility in light of concerns around coronavirus (COVID-19).
- If passengers purchased the zone fares, they are refundable with a $250.00 refund charge.
- If passengers purchased nonrefundable tickets prior to March 1st, then the following applies:
American has extended its offer to waive change fees for customers who purchased tickets prior to March 1 for travel through May 31. The offer is available for any of American’s fares and customers have until December 31 to rebook travel for future flights. Additional updates on existing travel alerts can be found on https://aa.com/travelalerts.
- Any ticket purchased prior to March 1 will not incur change fees prior to travel. Customers must pay any fare difference, if applicable, at time of ticketing of the new fare.
- This is available for any of American’s fares for travel through May 31, 2020.
- Travel must start on/before December 31, 2020 or 12 months from the original ticket date (whichever is earlier).
- If passengers purchased their tickets on March 1st or later, then this applies:
If you purchase a ticket on American Airlines between March 1, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. CT and March 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CT, you may change your flight once without paying a change fee. Tickets must be purchased for travel between March 1, 2020 and January 30, 2021.
- We will waive the change fee only on published Non-Refundable Fare tickets.
- Tickets must be purchased between March 1, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. CT and March 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CT, with original travel between March 1, 2020 and January 30, 2021.
- Changes must be made prior to the departure of your original flight.
- New travel must be completed within 1 year of original ticket issue date.
- Any difference in fare will apply.
For cancellations, please go to: